List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your livejournal along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they're listening to.
In no particular order:
1. "Home" from Beauty and the Beast. This is pretty obvious, really, and actually let's just list the entire soundtrack of Beauty and the Beast here. Been singing it as much as I can, I'm trying to memorize the score as much as possible before we actually begin rehearsals.
2. "To Be Alone With You" by Sufjan Stevens. I don't know, it's just such a nice, melancholy, dreamy guitary pretty boy song. I like falling asleep with it on.
3. "Wide Wide Woods" from The Spitfire Grill. We can blame my sister for this - she came back from Utah singing this again, and I'm right back in the middle of Spitfire music once more.
4. "Go Tell The World" by Joy Zipper. I LOVE this song. I don't pay attention to the lyrics, because with them they're less happy and without it's a joyous celebratory fighting song and I love it. It's from that Nike commercial.
5. "Joan of Arc" by Leonard Cohen. Sheer poetry. I pick this particular one out of all the Leonard Cohen songs I love because ... well, it's good, and gets stuck in my head really easily, and I like the woman's voice who sings with him, and also it comes up first when I go to Leonard Cohen on my iPod, so I generally listen to it a lot more than the rest.
6. "Much More" from The Fantasticks. I was listening to this a lot in the last couple of weeks because it's what I used to audition for Beauty and the Beast on Saturday. Plus, it's a lovely song, and I have two versions on my iPod, OBC and Susan Egan.
7. "Randall, My Son", this old English ballad that's been stuck in my head a lot latetly for some reason. It's fun to sing, long and simple and with a pretty tune and plenty of verses.